• Currently it is estimated that there are over 40,000 immigrants being held in ICE and CBP detention facilities around the country. Current number of children separated from parents are difficult to determine (NY Times)
• There are reports of Mexican Asylum seekers being returned to Mexico with a court hearing. This week alone there were 6 families denied entrance at the Nogales border. (Kino Border Initiative)
Requests and Thanksgiving- ... by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God... (Phil. 4)
• There is a growing number of Christians praying for displaced people, and people globally responding with compassion.
• The administration issued a proclamation Friday evening that they will begin denying immigration applications to any applicants unable to prove they can obtain health insurance within 30 days of arrival in the US. Pray for legal steps to block this attempt to restrict immigration, especially among the poor. (CBS News)
• There are currently 4.5 million internally displace people in the Dem. Rep. of Congo, with another 800,000 refugees in other countries. Fighting there continues, and has recently intensified. Please pray for our neighbors here in Rochester affected by this.
• That the government will issue Temporary Protective Status for Venezuelans currently in the US.
• For the great work being done at Casa del Migrante in Juarez, Mexico and at Annunciation House in El Paso Texas. Many followers of Jesus coming from places like Honduras and El Salvador are being loved and welcomed, with both immigrants and Americans being deeply encouraged in their faith (various reports).